Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fires

Today as the weather chills - literally - I am reading the news about the fires in California.  Cali is beautiful when the days are 80 degrees and it is February.  But the brutal side of Cali can be ugly.  The Santa Ana winds are like nothing you have felt, the hot air is hard to breathe in and of course super dangerous to the dry areas.  I went to school for a year at Cal State Northridge and lived in Chatsworth while I was there.  So these fires are just around the corner from where I used to live.  I just wanted to share this photo of the fires.  It is devastating, but beautiful in an ugly way. 



We hope that everyone in Cali is safe and that you are all stocked up on some Zyrtec!  Be safe!

2 comments:

Beckie said...

How are things there now? I hope everyone is okay. What a scary thing. I know last year they were really scary too. I had family in San Diego that were evacuated, but were fine. Not everyone had the same fortune though. What a terrible thing.

We need an update.

Gibson Family said...

The fires are now gone and the air is finally clearing up. The weather has not been cooperative. It has been in the high 80's-90's for weeks now. But the latest fire near the Getty Museum was extinguished pretty quickly and all is calm right now. Let's hope they get some rain soon