Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Disaster Happens

Well, first off I like the blue better today.  The pink looked like the Easter bunny threw up all over my page!

Well, disaster happened...again!  I was at lunch today when I got a phone call from my sister, Jnet and as I was telling her I would call her back the other line rang and it was my Dad.  Oh no!  Not good.

Well, the house my parents own in Lake Havasu has just been vacated by our winter tenant and so the neighbors are keeping an eye on it for us.  They called today because they noticed water coming out the front door, so they took their key and checked it out.  A pipe busted in the ceiling in the living room and the ceiling collapsed and landed on the couch.  The couch is obviously ruined, the hole in the ceiling is large, the carpet is thrashed and there is no telling how high the water got on the walls or where the water went to right now.  

This is the second time a pipe has burst and left the house severely damaged.  In 2004 a pipe burst in the guest bathroom and ruined the wall, the carpet in the two bedrooms and the dining room/kitchen floors.  My poor Mom just about had an out of body when this happened to her beloved house, I can only imagine what would happen if she saw it today.  

What is truly worrisome is not just the house itself but the furniture and decorations that my Mom painstakingly chose for the house over 16 years ago.  She dragged Jnet and I around to every department store in two states to find everything that is in that house and now it is gone.  We only hope that some of her paintings that she acquired from friends and loved ones have not been damaged.  For now we are just glad it wasn't a fire and that someone saw it before the entire room collapsed.


2 comments:

Beckie said...

I am sorry to hear about your lake house. That kind of thing make me so frustrated! I hope it all works out okay.

ashli said...

I can't believe that happened! is everything okay with the house? ps---luv the blog! what a cute idea!!!!