Monday, September 29, 2008

Do you know what time it is???


I do, it's fall!  I am reluctantly getting excited about the seasons changing.  Winter was really hard for me last year so you can understand why I am not ready for ice, snow and sub-zero temperatures.  

But, I do love fall.  I always have loved fall; the changing of the leaves, the crisp cool nights, the football season, and of course Halloween.  I have told you that the geese are a singing the leaves are a changing, right?  Well, tonight we have about 50 or so geese in the field behind our house.  For those of you who don't know what our yard looks like, we have no house behind us yet so we have four vacant lots directly behind us.  These geese are walking through the field getting some goodies before bed time.  I know from experience that they will keep coming back to the fields for a week or so and then get ready to take flight.  


I love the geese and the beauty of their majestic flight.  They are so graceful when they land and so hypnotic when they fly in their perfect "V".  I am glad we are here and I can experience something new.  Hey, maybe I am ready for it to turn cold after all.  Hmmm, we will see when that first snow comes how I am feeling.

2 comments:

Lori said...

okay, watch out for those geese! I had a friend get attacked and knocked off his bike by one! he can laugh about it now, but it landed him in the hospital! They can be mean boogers!

I do miss midwestern falls! much better than fall here in the driest dustiest place west o the mississip!

Gibson Family said...

I tell the kids to stay away from them all the time. They are ornery little boogers!!