Thursday, May 1, 2008

The return of the tornado


I know that most of you will think I am crazy but I am so glad to see the return of this season.  Do not get me wrong I am not hoping for a tornado or anything of the sort but I do enjoy the feel of a good summer type storm.  I love the smell of rain on hot asphalt and I love to watch the lightening and hear the thunder roll.  The magnificence of a summer storm is just electrifying - no pun intended.  

Today we have two nasty storms headed for us.  One cold front and one warm, I think that is what makes a tornado, when you have two different updrafts coming at one another.  Not totally positive, still trying to figure out this whole weather thing.  But tonight after 10pm we could get sizable hail, winds gusting over 70mph and a wicked lightening storm.  Keep your fingers crossed!  I know...weirdo!

Tonight is also our parent orientation meeting at the junior high.  We get a personal tour and then learn about the different course options and of course take home the dreaded paperwork.  Ian gets to go tomorrow for a special afternoon session.  The school will send all the jr. high kids home and then the 5th grade students get to have lunch in the cafeteria, sit in the classrooms, meet the teachers and some other fun stuff without the distraction of the older children.  He is the most excited about eating in the cafeteria.  .  Oh and meeting some new cute girls. Boys, I tell ya.

Well here's to an exciting evening!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well you all stay safe and I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!!And have you put out the warning to all those junior high girls that they are not to call your baby boy!!! Ha-Ha!! I am glad Running Springs goes til 6th grade we have 1 more year til Jr High. I am not looking forward to it. Oh and I completely get the whole rain on hot asphalt!!! I love that smell it a bit of a fresh weird smell, very intoxicating!! Love to you all.Stay safe. Ro