Monday, April 28, 2008

NASCAR Baby!

Ok, Jeff and I are really getting into this racing thing.  For those of you who really know me - my obsession with the fast cars and owning them - are probably not all that surprised.  Yesterday's race at Talladega was awesome!  Jr got schooled, poor Tony Stewart got wrecked - we really like him and our boy Kyle did again in a Toyota y'all!  Yee-haw!  

We are so excited for the Toyota's this year.  I know that some of you are all about the American made cars and most of the time I would agree with you.  However, since both Jeff and I worked for Toyota we understand what it means to have that car in the race.  TRD is an amazing partner to Toyota and we have seen first hand what sort of engine will come out of that division.  

Jeff had to go to Lincoln for double header soccer games yesterday so I had to call him every 5 minutes with an update to the race.  First the crashes, then the leader board and we have never watched a restricter plate race until Saturday.  What a difference that makes....wow!  I can't believe all the bump and draft, I want to do that.  We have the race down in Kansas and if I get the chance, I am going down there to race one of the cars.  Most tracks have a racing school that will let you do 8-10 laps at 135mph for about $500.  SO COOL!  Can you see me?  A race car driver???

2 comments:

Beckie said...

I love it. I could picture you racing the track! You need to do it.

I do not enjoy NASCAR at all. I just dont get it, but what I love are the NASCAR fans. You guys always know this interesting information and get really passionate about trying to explain what makes NASCAR more than guys driving in a circle. You rock, and I really hope you get to drive a race car.

Gibson Family said...

If I do get to race one I will send you pictures. I wanted to do it last year but it wasn't in the vacation budget after the Wolf Lodge! : ) Maybe Jeff will do it for my graduation present. Wouldn't that be the coolest! Who needs a brief case when I can go MACH 2 with my hair on fire.