Saturday, April 19, 2008

Flowers and weeds too

Today is just an amazing day outside.  I don't know what it says when I am happy that it is 55 degrees and I can garden.  55 degrees in Cali is darn cold!  But today is lovely, yes lovely.  There is no wind and not a cloud in the sky.  Because it rained for the last few days the ground is perfect for planting.  We planted three new rose bushes because I desperately miss my beautiful roses in Oakdale.  We also planted a cherry tree, a blueberry bush and some wild flower shrubs.  Lastly, we pulled weeds and mowed the lawn.  It was great to be outside and feel the sun beating on my skin.  I think my cheeks are a little pink too.  


Tomorrow I am off to Walmart to get more gardening things.  I want to get the kids a humming bird feeder.  I always had one as a kid.  It was so much fun to watch from the living room as the tiny birds would come to feed.  I want the kids to be able to watch the birds and help feed them as well.  Tomorrow is also supposed to be in the 80's maybe we will take a trip to the zoo or the wildlife safari.  We miss the zoo, it's been over 6 months since our last visit.  We will see.

No comments: