Monday, March 31, 2008

My 100...


Ok, I don't know if I can get through all 100 so I will try for 50 - thanks Beckie for raising the bar here!  Here are at least 50 things you may or may not know about me....
1.  I am a twin - my brother was stillborn
2.  Ian's middle name is Michael same as my twin
3.  I adore roses and I cannot begin to tell you how much I miss my rose bushes in Oakdale, CA.  They were amazing especially the one my Mom gave to me.
4.  I love the smell of McKayla's hair - when she is not sweaty.  It will usually pick me up  to smell her hair
5.  I used to eat chalk as a kid
6.  My sister is my best friend and I miss her every day
7.  I love going to school no matter how much I complain about finals, mid-terms and term papers
8.  I now have a 3.8 GPA after starting with a 1.8 GPA when I went back to school over 4 years ago
9.  I hate sitting at home and doing nothing.  I need to be out running around as Jeff would say "going mach 2 with my hair on fire"
10. I stress - a lot - and I actually love the adrenaline
11. I loved my physics, biology and chemistry classes in college but science is not even close to my major.
12. I pretend to see images in the clouds on a mostly sunny day while laying in the pool in Lake Havasu.  My Mom called this cloud therapy.
13. I love to volunteer my time and help others.  I couldn't imagine doing anything else with my life.
14. I am terrified of snakes, spiders and loud noises - not necessarily in that order.
15. I really like blogging, it's fun and lets me take a break from school work
16. I love to shop, but I hate to spend money.  Isn't that an oxymoron??
17. I love puppies, babies and kittens but I hate birds, hamsters and anything with a really long tail!
18. I used to dress up in my prettiest dresses when I was little and drive my Mom crazy.  Hmmm, wonder where McKayla gets it from?
19. My second car was a 1972 Mercedes Benz, it turned 21 before I did!
20. I love to listen to music while I study, I can't concentrate well without it.
21. I just earned the Gold President's Volunteer Service Award and got a letter on White House stationary - pretty cool!
22. I miss my friends that I have left behind more than I can tell you.
23. I hate moving too!  If we do it again, it's to Mexico and I get a maid
24. I want to win the lottery only so I can buy a dozen or so fast, gorgeous cars and then donate the rest of the money to my favorite charities
25. I love to cook, but I hate to hear the whining when the kids don't like my food
26. I would love to have my hair long so that I can sweep it up into a pony tail every day but I can't stand it in my face so it is short again
27. I have lived in three different states, Arizona, California, and Nebraska.
28. When we retire I want to live in Oregon or Arizona.
29. I absolutely hate clutter and will not stand for it on counters, tables or floors.  BUT my office desk is a catastrophe and the top can't even be seen.
30. When Jeff and I got married we wanted at least 4 kids and joked about having as many as 9...what happened there?
31. I have visited over 16 states
32.  Jeff and I met while working at Toyota together and I hated him at first.
33.  My favorite color is purple
34. I love to sing but I can't carry a tune in a bucket
35. My favorite movie of all time is Sweet Home Alabama, I married the yuppy!
36. I eat popcorn almost every night with lots of butter and salt!
37. I hate scary movies, it just doesn't work for me
38. I cry when I hear the National Anthem, Amazing Grace and The Rose by Better Middler
39. I hated being pregnant but now that they are all grown up I wish I could do it just one more time.
40. I hate wearing dresses now, I would rather wear a good pair of jeans instead
41. I adore reading and wait with baited breath for new books to come out from my favorite authors.  I read at least 6 novels a month.
42. I don't like watching TV and I hate reality shows - who does that kind of stuff anyway!  But I love Scrubs, Friends and Reba.  She reminds me of my mom.
43. There is not one day that I don't think of my Mom
44. I have raised almost $10,000 over the last 7 years for cancer research
45. I am left handed but I write like a right handed person
46. I don't swim very well and I don't like the ocean but I can waterski really well and I adore the lake.
47. I miss Orange County shopping and restaurants, Oakdale's small town feel and the sense of direction you can get from knowing the mountains are in the east and the beach is in the west.
48.  I don't like Valentine's Day but I love Christmas and Halloween.  I love the fall air and the laughter I hear when the kids go trick or treating.  I love to make the house look spectacular for Christmas and watch the magic of the season fill my children.  
49. I like to read vampire books - kind of goes against the whole scary movie thing huh?
50. I am really enjoying our life in Nebraska.  I don't go to the malls any more instead I go to Scheel's and the archery range.  I shoot a deer target in my basement and have a weather radio in my office for tornadoes.  I listen to country music instead of rap and haven't seen the beach in well over a year.  I  have no desire to visit Disneyland ever again and instead look forward to staying at the Great Wolf Lodge.  I love college football even more than before and am torn between sending my kids to Notre Dame and Nebraska.  
51.  Oh and I love NASCAR now.  Had to throw that last one in for good measure!

2 comments:

Beckie said...

I love it! You need to do the other 49. You are quite a character Jamie Gibby.

Sara Shipman said...

Nascar...Nice!
Sure miss you!