Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Turkey Day

Happy Turkey Day everyone!  We are very excited about Thanksgiving.  We are taking a trip to Lake Havasu, AZ to spend the holiday with the WHOLE family.  Yes, I said whole family.  Which means that my sister, her husband and their "child", my brother, his wife and six of their girls - including the very married and VERY pregnant daughter.  And don't forget about Pa.  I think there are going to be 16 people staying in that house with one crazy dog.  Wow!  That's a lot of people in a 3 bedroom house.  : )

Even with the crowd we are really excited.  It has been 3 1/2 years since I have been to the house.  I was a little sad at first because the last time I was there, I was soaking up the sun in the pool with my mom.  But the other night it occurred to me that this is exactly what Mom would have wanted.  All of us together making messes, creating chaos and tearing her beloved house apart.  It is what she lived for, even if she said we all drove her crazy.  The more people in the house, the happier she was.  So, this weekend we will make her turn in her grave by eating at the coffee table and on the couch, mess up her kitchen and leave all our junk strung throughout the house.  Happy Thanksgiving Mom!

And to all you, a blessed and happy Thanksgiving as well.

1 comment:

Lori said...

not like i have to tell ya to have a fantastic time...but have a fantastic time! i will be thinking of you and your family!
happy turkey day!
lori and fam