Friday, August 1, 2008

Crazy week

With Ian home we spent the week catching up on sleep and getting back into a routine.  Soccer practice started the minute he walked through the door as did the requests for last minute slumber parties.  He was either at someone's house or someone was here three nights in a row.  To say he is sleep deprived is an understatement.  

We also went school shopping and are still trying to fit in all those last minute appointments like the eye doctor, hair cut and dentist.  The school shopping was a real "treat"!!!  I spent three days at 10 different stores only to buy a few things from only one store!  He is worse to shop with than Jeff.  Talk about a yuppy.  You guys who know Jeff know how much fun he is to shop with......NOT!!  Well Ian didn't fall far from that tree.  I am starting to wonder about that nature vs. nurture thing.  Jeez!

McKayla on the other hand is easy, throw it in the cart if it fits and it is pink, purple or has sparkles on it.  I hope she is that easy as a teenager but I don't think I could be that lucky.  

Today is the eye appointment, Monday is the dentist and orientation.  Somewhere in there we need another shopping trip and a trip to the zoo.  I really miss year round school.  The whole transition to the next grade seemed easier then.

1 comment:

Beckie said...

Ah, the joys of back to school. I do not miss that at all. I hope you find something what you need in your next shopping trip.