Friday, July 11, 2008

Paint and my vacation

I have noticed that each time we move - and we have moved a lot! - that it takes me about a year before I start to decorate or make changes.  Well, here we are one year later (can you believe it!) and we are going to paint the interior of the house.  We found a good painter through some friends and he is helping us pick out some colors now.  The nice thing about construction in Nebraska is that it is really good quality, but what the house has in quality the builders cut back in other areas.  The walls are painted a nice color but the paint is flat and it was just applied to the walls with no base.  Every finger print, every water splash or dirt mark shows.  It looks like we have lived here for 10 years with all the scuff marks and handprints.  So, Monday we paint!  Yippeee!  Let's hope I like the color better than what we did in the bathroom a few months ago.....eeeeeewwwwww!

As for my vacation, well, Ian is in California for two weeks and while I do miss him it is so quiet with only one kid in the house.  With no one to antagonize the other and no arguments about what show to watch or who touched who first it is peaceful.  : )  I got about a million calls from him yesterday - I gave him a spare cell phone.  Not a good choice apparently since he called me at 11:30pm last night!  Last night he went to the Galaxy soccer game and watched Beckham, which he says was amazing.  Today he is going to the movies with his uncle and then tonight he is off to his dad's house.  I think he will have a good time but it is hard to keep a pre-teen entertained these days.  Better them than me!!!

I am off to enjoy my part time freedom, enjoy a coffee, take the little girl shopping and pick out some more paint!  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

ArchRay said...

I agree about the paint here as well as the construction. In Seattle, it was just the opposite. Not as good construction but great painting job. Crazy!

Rayette

Gibson Family said...

Hey Rayette!

It is crazy. I have paint splotches all over the house right now trying to figure it out. I will let you know how it goes!

Beckie said...

Ahhh, yes, the painting thing. I remember it to well. How long did I have paint chips all over the place? Have fun and take lots of pictures~ I cant wait to see it all done!