Monday, July 21, 2008

No sleep

You ever have those nights when your brain just won't turn off?  I have been suffering with many of those nights lately.  I just can't seem to fall asleep until a ridiculous hour in the morning.  So you get the pleasure of staying up with me tonight!  : )

I read last week that if you can't fall asleep then you need to get out of bed and do something.  Nothing terribly active and certainly don't eat, but something to take your mind off trying to get to sleep.  For the last week or so I have just laid in bed listening to Jeff snore (hope he doesn't read this) and willing myself to sleep.  It hasn't really worked all that well so I decided that typing up a little blog might help.

I don't really know what I am thinking about when I lay down.  I think I do the grocery list, my errand list, I work on some homework and then fuss about trying to sleep.  Jeff falls asleep so fast - like 30 seconds fast - I envy him.  Even when I am dead tired I don't think I conk out that fast.  

Well I am off to read a few emails and then try it again.  Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Beckie said...

That is the pits. I hope it gets better for you soon. Rich and I are the same I am out the instant I hit the pillow and it takes him forever to fall asleep. It is sad really.

I dont have any suggestions,unfortunately,just well wishes and lots of sympathy.

Take care friend-

Unknown said...

Oh I am sooo sorry. I suffered from the exact same thing not to long ago. I finally just told myself all that stuff can wait. It is not important. It took some doing, but now I can sleep all over again. Not as fast as Jaime but at least I can now fall asleep and stay asleep. I did a few times though just write down what was on my list that was running thru my head all hours of the night and that seemed to help a bit. But the best thing is Its not that important!!!! I hope you sleep better soon.

Gibson Family said...

Thanks guys! I think you are right, maybe getting the list written down would work instead of letting it run around my small little brain. Not much room up there, probably keeps banging into the sides trying to get out : ) No wonder my head hurts!

You know what else? Last night we slept with the windows open all night for the first time in a long while and I slept like a baby! I think the fresh air coming in helps me sleep too. That and kicking Jeff to the guest room works ...hee hee ha ha!