Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hannah Montana and the slumber party

Last night as many of you know was the 3-D Hannah Montana concert with special guests the Jonas Brothers.  We decided to let McKayla have a friend spend the night.  We let Ian do so as well so the girls would not try to dress him up and make him dance with them.  

It went very well but the girls could not figure out the little 3-D glasses (they kept falling off) and I think they expected Hannah to jump off the TV at them.  Well she didn't so we ditched the glasses about a third through the movie.  We ate cupcakes (provided by my good buddy Jilly Bean!), ding dongs, m&m's, popcorn and Sugar Babies.  By the time the movie was over I was tired and the girls were jacked up on sugar.  Good thing the boys played dodgeball with them for over an hour after that.

This morning I was sure my little angels would all sleep in.  NOPE!  McKayla - of all people - was up at 6am!  What sort of child am I raising here?  6AM on a Sunday morning, that is just wrong on so many levels!!  She looks me in the eyes this morning and says "but mama, it was sunny outside so I thought it was time to play".  Who could argue with that?

A fun night for all.  I hope all of you enjoyed your Hannah Montana night.  Next up the Cheetah Girls movie.  What does it say about me that I know the Disney Channel line up better than CBS or ABC???

No comments: