Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Workout!

I went to work out at the gym today with my new pal Jill.  She and her other pal Jill talked me into this new class called strictly strength.  I thought it sounded pretty good because I have no upper body strength now that I don't have to cart babies around on my hip any more.  Well, I am just here to tell you I cannot lift my arms any higher than this keyboard!!!!  I could barely shampoo my hair when I got home.

Isn't it amazing how something so good for you is so terribly painful when sitting in front of the TV watching E! with a gallon of rocky road ice cream is so much more pleasurable.  Life just is not fair sometimes, I would much rather eat the ice cream and watch TV but I know that the gym is better for me.  Hmmm, not fair....maybe I can have some low-fat ice cream  : )  

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Ah, but its good pain right? (Isnt that an oxymoron?) Just think of how stunning you will look and more importantly how great you'll feel and all the cool stuff you will be able to lift once you meet your goal! Good job, I am impressed!

Gibson Family said...

Define good pain? Nope not a good pain. I can't walk! Oh my goodness it is crazy. But hopefully tomorrow it will be better, if not I will increase the Advil!!