Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A sad day

The day started out pretty well.  Had an iced mocha this morning, went into McKayla's classroom and read - which is always entertaining, had lunch with a friend.  Then I went to get the mail.  And Beckie who is reading this right now knows why I am so sad.....their house SOLD!  

Gunther and I were out grabbing the mail on this gorgeous day when I noticed something missing from the Gilmore lawn.  It was the little stand that held the flyers for the house.  It wasn't there but I was sure it had been there earlier this week.  So I looked about a bit and sure enough there is a big SOLD sign on the lawn.  

I am so happy for our neighbors that this burden has finally passed.  Goodness knows we understand what it is like to have two mortgage payments and two houses in different states.  But it is sad because...well, I guess they aren't coming back.  

Hopefully we will have a nice family that is buying the house.  Maybe Beckie will post some info in the comments section here to let us all know what sort of neighbors we will have.

A sad day BUT I am so happy for the Gilmore family!  Congrats and WHEW!

2 comments:

Beckie said...

I dont know anything about the neighbors. I know that they have looked at it several times and that they got a good deal, other than that not so much.

I hope they are as wonderful as you are and I hope they fit in really well.

We miss you guys too!

Gibson Family said...

Ah man! I was really hoping you would have some scoop for us. We haven't really seen anyone come and go so we don't know who it could be.

We did see an appraiser though today....at least that is who we think she was.

I hope they are fabulous too but no one could replace our Gilmore girls!