Friday, May 30, 2008

Graduation Day

Today was graduation day.  Never in my mind did I envision watching my baby girl graduate from kindergarten and then later that day watching my little man leave elementary school forever.  We had a wonderful day we had, watching both kids interact with their friends and their teachers, listening to all their accomplishments and then watching them move onto the next step of their lives.  I tried so hard not to cry, it is just elementary school, right?  But right before my eyes, I watched Ian go from a kid in the 5th grade to a young man in junior high.  

Ian was blessed to have not one but two great teachers.  Miss Hasselbalch, pictured with him here was selected as the Teacher of the Year for our school district and we couldn't have agreed more.  No matter who the child in her class she found some way to connect with each of them.  With Ian, they always talked sports even though she really didn't like them all that much.  But Ian thought she did.
We had breakfast today with McKayla and then had a bubble party with her class.  That is how we celebrated her graduation today.  Her teacher was wonderful as well.  She was loving and kind and always had a spare hug when out little diva needed some love.  

We were truly blessed this year and as we take this step forward to junior high and the 1st grade, I hope that we enjoy next year just as much as we did this one.

No comments: